CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I LOVE Pasta!

I truly LOVE pasta! Sadly, paleo does not allow for pasta. So after reading some other Crossfitters posts on different ways to reproduce the real thing I made zucchini "pasta" tonight. I was amazed that the texture is very similar and honestly I did not miss the real thing.

So that means you need to try it! Here is what I did:

Paleo Spaghetti
Ingredients:
Sauce
1 can of 100% natural crushed tomatoes
1 can of 100% diced tomatoes (I used the basil & oregano)
10-12 small precooked meatballs (HEB frozen meatballs are what I had on hand)

Pasta
2 zucchini

How to:
Grab a large pot, fill 2/3 with water, and bring to a boil
Use a medium sauce pan to bring tomato cans to a simmer
Microwave the meatballs for 2 minutes and add to the tomato sauce
While water is boiling and sauce is simmering, set your mandoline to 1 or 2 and slice the zucchini.
Once the water is boiling add 1 teaspoon of salt and drop the zucchini in for 3-4 minutes
Drain water from zucchini and serve with sauce


(After I drained the water. Notice my mandoline...I got mine at HEB)




YUMMY GOODNESS!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried spaghetti squash? Can you have that? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried spaghetti squash but can never seem to cook it right...always a little underdone. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stab it with a fork a million times and microwave it for 8 min.

    ReplyDelete