CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

When all else fails...

Ever had one of those days were nothing seems to go the way you want it to? Today is that day for me. So to top it off I got home ready to cook my dinner and I just utterly mess it up. I was cooking a steak and it just came out all tough. Since it is the end of the week my food supply is a little low so I found myself just standing in front of the fridge wondering what I could possibly throw together. The cinnamon rolls were calling my name but with a 6 week Body Challenge with Crossfit 1525 coming to an end on Monday I needed to stay away (until at least Tuesday!).

So the point of this post...I ended up making tuna with cucumbers and tomatoes! This is a great go to meal when you either have a meal that fails or need something quick. I made my tuna with egg and grapes plus dill. I use just a tad mayo in my tuna. I know that there is a paleo way to make mayo but I honestly don't eat it enough to make it and figure just a little amount is not going to make or break my paleo habits. I was very pleased that I was able to get this together before my stomach sent me on a wild chase to Sonic :)


3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! We were low as well and made a breakfast feast for dinner with eggs, bacon, cantaloupe, black berries, and oops - mini cinnamon apple pancakes (so yes i had two). Gonna try the tuna mix on Sunday :-) ps, tomorrow will be a better day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm looks yum, Case! Such a brilliant little chef you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. In case you decide to incorporate mayo into your diet more often:

    http://www.primal-palate.com/2011/02/macadamia-nut-mayonnaise.html

    ReplyDelete